1. Movies to see/buy
2. Books to read/buy
3. Things to knit
4. things to blog about
5. Places to visit
6. Dishes to cook
7. Music I love
8. TV shows that SUCK
9. Reasons to do things
10. Reasons not to do things
11. Things to Sell
12. Things to buy
13. Ways to be green
14. Ways to appear green
15. Costumes for Halloween
16. Favorite Games
17. Favorite Magazines
18. New music
19. Videos to Download
20. Things...just things.
My 1001 Days Project
1. Stop drinking Caffeine
2. Read 50 books (for the first time) (13/50)
3. Get 1001 Dollars in my savings account
4. Be Debt Free
5. Make a list of books TO read
6. Master 10 new dishes to cook (with at least one breakfast, lunch, dinner and desert)
7. Choose a 4 year school
8. Travel to
9. Travel to
10. Get to 18 BMI
11. List 101 things that make me happy
12. Go one week without purchasing ANYTHING!
13. Read 101 Books (28/101)
14. Keep track of which books I have read.
15. Go a week without any TV, computer, Mp3 Player, cell phone,
16. Go a week without eating out.
17. Grow a plant (keep it alive)
18. Go to church once a month (1/1)
19. Give a dollar to charity for every item on the list that is left undone by deadline
20. Start from scratch on
21. Take back all library books and pay all fines (llcc returned on 11/30)
22. Read and/or give away all of the books that I own. (Leave no book unread)
23. Wax my legs/eyebrows/bikini
24. Donate blood
25. Conquer my depression
26. Conquer my ADD
27. Sing Karaoke
28. Get a new (ish) car with good gas mileage
29. Have a professional portrait taken
30. Finish the 101 list! (
31. Build a PILL HABIT
32. Take one Yoga Class
33. Take one dance class
34. take one Martial Arts class
35. Have all 8 pagan rituals
36. have at least 3 full and new moon rituals
37. Organize and index all the paper
38. Complete a Julia101 list
39. Complete 101 affirming future descriptions of me.
40. Build a great blog
41. Develop a morning routine
42. wear a foofy formal dress and tennis shoes for shits and giggles.
43. Build and maintain a functioning altar
44. maintain a 3.5 or better GPA
45. Visit the
46. defeat my stage fright
47. Make a website Link index and compendium
48. Build a book of shadows or grimoire
49. Join a book Club
50. Keep my email tidy
52. Go to a concert
53. Vote in the presidential election
54. Go to Gen-con
55. Go to burning man
56. go to a festival
57. go to a ren-faire
58. Write AND MAIL a letter a month
Complete a Knitted Project (Kitty Rib Hat 09/2008) 60. Clean up Mp3 player
61. Play WOW to Lev 70
62. Build a master address book
63. Visit Grandma
64. Write an article (Lamp in October 07)
65. Keep track of 101 days worth of food and events.
66. Gamble at a casino
67. Get a scholarship
68. Keep track of all bank transactions
69. Cook one day a week (2/4)
70. Write a review for 15 books
71. Work out at least once a week (1/4)
72. Build and maintain better organization
73. Define values
74. Write a letter to a congressman
75. Buy a nice Laptop
76. Talk to eg once a week
77. Learn to live within my means
78. Repair my credit
79. Write 101 letters
80. Read 10 non-fiction books (completely read!) (9/50)
81. Learn to manage and balance time more effectively
82. Learn conversational Spanish
83. Visit the
84. Learn to enjoy sex!
85. Go canoeing
86. Hand make a Christmas and/or birthday present.
87. Sell something I craft
88. Make 101 collages (2/101)
89. Win something
90. Watch 50 movies I haven’t seen (25/50)
91. Make a list of movies to see
92. Set up a permanent sewing/craft space
93. Walk for charity
94. Take the ACT
95. Take better care of the kittens
96. Learn some grandma recipes
97. Buy (and eat) more fresh fruits and vegetables.
98. Eat less refined sugars and corn syrup.
99. Get rid of unused junk that clutters my life.
100. Start something
101. Finish what I start.
Good Girl Gone Bad Reloaded by Rihanna
I am enjoying it a lot. There is a nice blend of upbeat dance tunes and chill out ballads.
Favorite Track: Disturbia
Least Favorite Track: Take a Bow
Rating 4.5/5.0 (points deducted for lumping all the slow tracks together)
1. packet of kool-aid (no cheap knock-offs you will thank me later)
2. A pitcher. 2 quarts. Go get something with a lid. The fancy ones without lids will leave fridge-flavored-kool-aid... Gross!
3. Sugar More than 1 cup
4. Long-handled spoon
Instructions: First pour one (1) packet of Kool-Aid into the pitcher; Then Cover that with at least one (1) cup of normal granulated sugar*. Then pour cold water into pitcher until it is about HALF- filled. This enables you to stir vigorously (you may do so at this point) and disolve all of the sugar and kool-aid bits. Once your Powdered Things are disolved, you may fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water. Chill in Fridge and enjoy. Note: For those who desire instant gratifacation (who doesn't) Fill a glass with ice and serve; Do NOT put anything else directly into the pitcher or it will grossify your Kool-Aid.
*(I usually make it a 'heaping' cup, because I like sweeter kool-aid; even if you're not like me in the liking sweet things department dont under any circumstances skimp on the cup of sugar you yuppies who like your artificial sweeteners and are all paranoid about your sugar intake SHOULD NOT BE DRINKING KOOL-AID!!! Kool-aid is for poor college kids who can eat anything and anyone who likes kool-aid and doesn't care how much sugar it has.)
Well, there you go. The recipie for perfect Kool-Aid. Don't believe me? TRY IT!
Then let me know if it was as fabulous as you hoped...but well if it wasn't you simply have much to high expectations of your sugary-artificial-cheaper-than-water beverage.
Firstly I must cite a couple of sources:
1. MSN's Article which spawned this topic
2. This entry on Pink Haired Girl
Now I shall compile my own (moderately pirated) version of this list:
1. Porn: trust me on this one girls!
2. Steel-toed boots: bonus points for any color besides black and brown
3. Books: on many topics, also other reading material such as periodicals
4. A vibrator.
5. Friends that you like for reasons other than their sex and gender.
6. A box of condoms.
7. A voter’s registration card
8. A reliable car. Nobody with a good car needs to be justified. (Even better, reliable public transportation)
9. A list of goals. Not necessarily corporate goals or plans to rule the earth. Just stuff you want to accomplish for yourself
10. a toolkit (bonus here for color that is feminine)
11. comfortable underwear: because a guy who is not turned on by white cotton underware doesn't watch enough porn and therefore is unlikely to be good in bed.
12. enough sense of self so that she can make her home comfortable for herself…and not design it around the presumed proclivities of potential mates
13. A two-headed dildo or a good strap-on: a sure-fire test of his flexibility and openness.
14. Lots of fresh produce. Extra points for mangoes.
15. A do-it-yourself mentality.
16. Compact mirror and floss(picks) for picking crap out of your teeth: no matter how much self confidence you have, you still look like a newb if you have spinach in your teeth.
18. A matching bra & panty set that makes you feel sexy: because you should be sexy for YOU not him. ON YOUR TERMS.
19. A white down comforter (for comforting)
20. A thick journal and fountain pen on the night table: even a scrap of paper and pencil will do.
21. A close friend who would help you move and bury bodies if needed.
22. A membership to AAA. The membership to AA is optional.
23. A passport
24. Knows how to play pool, poker and blackjack: bonus points if you're good!
25. An emergency pint of Ben and Jerry's to get you through tough times: or a number for B&J delivery!
26. Mace, pepper spray, AND a rape whistle (and I'm talking for loveplay, not for protection)
27. A really good set of sheets. (For you, not "him."): to put under the down comforter.
28.Your own set of balls, so you don't need to wait around for someone to hold your hand when there's something new that you're dying to try, like finally get that tattoo, jump out of a plane, scuba dive, kiss a girl...etc.
29. good quality kitchen ware: cooking skills are even better!
30. A couple of sexy and reliable pair of jeans
31. A belief: any belief really will do.
32. A sense of direction or constant acccess to a map: getting lost is lame.
33. google reader: wean yourself from your addiction to TV news. Read Feeds.
34. The ablitly to change a tire.
35. GOOD CREDIT: if this is news to you....um...well.... good luck living.
36. Money in Savings: For rainy (or sunny) days.
37. A Mag light: for selfdefence and emergencys two is better. one at home and one in the car.
That's enough for now. What do you think. Did I miss a few. Leave me your answers!
So after that last depressing post, I reread my posts, all 2-dozen or so of them. They're not too bad actually. Then I reread the post I just wrote....Can you say Drama Queen? I mean, where do I get off being so self-loathing and cynical. That's not something I do!!! So for those of you who read it. I'm sorry. Please go back a few posts to read something funny I wrote. Thanks.
I have no illusions of grandeur that make me think my words are somehow more powerful or more delightful than those of all of the millions (dare I say billions) of blogs out there. It is unlikely that my blog will spark a following of millions or even hundreds of readers. There is not going to be a book inspired by my blog. Publishers won't be banging down my door to write one. These facts are very good at contributing to my posting delinquency.
My blogging habit is non-existant, my view is hazy, my topic is unclear. What exactly am I doing with my minute piece of cyberspace?
That's right, nothing. Why? Because the over-arching theme of my life is that I failed miserably at it. I never finished it and I have no follow-through.
Perhaps I shall blog every now and again, about, things, and learn where this blog wants to go....but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.